What's new
Welcome to PS Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Need Some Help On This

Ewap

Verified
Website
lotsofstory.com
Hi pearsters!
I would like to move my sites content from e.g www.lotsofstory.com to forum.lotsofstory.com

I.e., I want all the content of the main domain, its users, posts and their passwords moved to the subdomain.

I tried using softaculous, but it doesn't updated the url.
@Life @Alvin

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
yeah, once you've moved your files to the new domain root, change the url in the config.php to the new domain

Ewap

Verified
Website
lotsofstory.com
yeah, once you've moved your files to the new domain root, change the url in the config.php to the new domain
Bro, smf does not seem to have a config.php file. Is it possible I deleted it?
Can a site still run without that file?

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
You can't delete it because its what connects your site to your database (not that it can't be deleted, it can)..... Check in all your folders, it will be around somewhere

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
That's why you are getting error..... Create your subdomain in your cloudflare account and point the IP to your host..... You can ask your host for their IP.......

Ewap

Verified
Website
lotsofstory.com
That's why you are getting error..... Create your subdomain in your cloudflare account and point the IP to your host..... You can ask your host for their IP.......
Yah! When you asked that, my head just went to that aspect!

I throw cap for you ohh, will try it now. Thanks!