What's new
Welcome to PS Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

How harmful is error 404 on Google search console?

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
I am fully loaded lol.... I wrote about making your blogging style unique in 2018 which you can read here. Back to the topic, i have seen a lot of people being scared of error on their google search console and start asking questions like how to remove them, does it affect my seo, does it reduce my crawling rate. Well the answer is "NO", it does not affect anything.

Error 404 simply means Google bot tried crawling on a page that does not exist, according to Google its preferable to have 404 error than 202 error.

Error 404 does not affect your seo, crawl rate or anything at all, so you can peacefully not think about it and move on but if you wish to remove it, you go to remove URL in your Google search console dashboard and remove the URL.

imRelease

Registered
Website
www.imrelease.com
No, 404 is dangerous for anything like SEO and Ratings and Traffic.
by this you will lose indexing in search engine, lose visitors, lose revenue - having bad impact and impression on site. you should remove any 404 Error.