What's new
Welcome

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

• Hey Guest! Please turn off your adblocker to help us keep the community running. Thank you

Have you ever tried to lose weight by doing some crazy/weird diet?

Domain names for just 88 cents!

wiseagent

Registered
Unfortunately, the search for the "perfect body" seems to have no limits... :(

Sometimes I get the impression that with each new day it seems that a new type of diet is created and manages to win over thousands of supporters who seem - or don't want to - realize how damaging they can be for them.

In the vast majority of cases, those types of diets challenge some limits that should never be broken. For example: cutting the consumption of some foods necessary for the proper functioning of metabolism. This is extremely serious!

Have you ever ventured in that way to try to lose weight?

PedroP

Registered
Unfortunately, the search for the "perfect body" seems to have no limits... :(

Sometimes I get the impression that with each new day it seems that a new type of diet is created and manages to win over thousands of supporters who seem - or don't want to - realize how damaging they can be for them.

In the vast majority of cases, those types of diets challenge some limits that should never be broken. For example: cutting the consumption of some foods necessary for the proper functioning of metabolism. This is extremely serious!

Have you ever ventured in that way to try to lose weight?
Pretty much, I have a degree in physical education and have worked in some gyms in my life. The things we see people doing(And worse advising others) are absurd. Some crazy diets and exercises that will definitely bring bad consequences. Still, It's all about willpower. The people who are serious about losing weight simply do it. They eat right and exercise right. The others well...

wiseagent

Registered
Although I have never be bothered about my weight because I'm slim by nature....
This is great, isn't it?

I mean... I think being slim by nature should be a great feeling (something that unfortunately I'll never feel... at least not in this life). You'll never need to fight with yourself to lose weight, haha!

But did you want to gain a few extra pounds or are you satisfied with your current weight?

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
This is great, isn't it?

I mean... I think being slim by nature should be a great feeling (something that unfortunately I'll never feel... at least not in this life). You'll never need to fight with yourself to lose weight, haha!

But did you want to gain a few extra pounds or are you satisfied with your current weight?
Not really satisfied, I do eat a lot to add more weight

jbernardo

Registered
Don't eat too much so you won't need to burn lots of calories..I've done that before, whenever I ate too much of junk foods and sweets, I always find time to exercise to burn those fats like sit-ups or jumping jack, to help my body to sweat a lot. I also sometimes skip lunch or dinner, and ate only small amount of chocolate or bread.

Neil

Registered
Loosing weight was not a problem for me. Gaining is my problem. I eat a lot, and a lot means I can consume an entire meal that is good for a family of four.

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
Don't eat too much so you won't need to burn lots of calories..I've done that before, whenever I ate too much of junk foods and sweets, I always find time to exercise to burn those fats like sit-ups or jumping jack, to help my body to sweat a lot. I also sometimes skip lunch or dinner, and ate only small amount of chocolate or bread.
Thanks for the tip

wiseagent

Registered
Not really satisfied, I do eat a lot to add more weight
This is the most common strategy for trying to gain weight (millions of people think about doing this)... But do you think it is enough? Or have you tried anything else?

What do you tell me about working out... Have you tried? It's great and very effective for gaining muscle (which can be translated as weight gain).