What's new
Welcome to PS Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Easy steps to start and own a blog in 2018

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
If you are thinking you can't make it blogging then read this. Everyday different people are creating blogs, blogging was the biggest online business in 2017 which means people are creating blogs daily and some don't know how to start. This guide is for you but first you should read the blogging platforms we have so you can choose your platform but I always recommend WordPress because you are free to what you like on WordPress , unlike blogger which is hosted by google and can shut down anytime without warning or even delete your blog. A lot has changed this 2018, most bloggers have quit which means there is enough air to breath now, so if you are the type that quit please don't read this. Blogging is not easy neither is it difficult, it is just finding the right strategy and stay focus. I always tell new bloggers to read tutorials and eBooks to gain more knowledge in blogging, we have experts like Neil Patel, Janice Wald, Brian Dean and others. Before starting you must have a niche,niche is like focusing on a particular subject, you can read more about niche here.

To start a blog you need to follow these steps.

Step 1
Choose Your Blogging Platform

Like I said before you should read about the platforms here. All platforms are perfect in their ways and you can also earn/make money from them, just that some gives more freedom than some and also has more features than some.

Step 2
Pick A Domain Name & A Web Host

Pick a domain name relating to the niche you want to blog about, and for web host it's not recommended for blogger and WordPress.com because these are free blogging platforms but if you want to use wordpress.org then you need host. Read the best web host here for WordPress

Step 3
Installing WordPress On Your web Host

The web host I recommended here don't require you to download it because they have pre installed for you and also auto update it for you, so it is one click installation. No stress involve its just easy and understandable steps to install WordPress. Although i recommend Namecheap, they have never let me down.

Step 4
Get the perfect theme

Get a well seo optimize and responsive theme for your blog and start blogging.

So that's it, no skills is needed. If you have any question ask in our question and answer section.

Last edited:
What are the best advantages for choosing Wordpress for your blog? I have looked at many different, and cheap, options, and I have two blogs with another domain provider, so why is Wordpress preferable? I also agree that theme and niche are of the utmost importance if any blog is going to be successful.

Ewap

Verified
Website
lotsofstory.com
What are the best advantages for choosing Wordpress for your blog? I have looked at many different, and cheap, options, and I have two blogs with another domain provider, so why is Wordpress preferable? I also agree that theme and niche are of the utmost importance if any blog is going to be successful.
Wordpress is preferable worldwide, so u are likely to join the crowd. Unlike other blog softwares, wordpress has more experience with lots of features.

Pedro

Verified
The major advantage of Wordpress over Blogger, if all things being equal, is that you have freedom over your blog especially if it's self hosted, but Google can delete your blog anytime without any warning even if you are using a top level domain.

Also, Wordpress offers you unlimited options for optimising your blog for Search engines, however, with Blogspot, you are limited.

Other reasons are
1. For professional website, Wordpress is favoured. You can extend your website beyond imagination.

2. Lots of simple plugins to make life easy for, you can't find such with Blogspot.

3. You can get support virtually anywhere if you are using Wordpress.

Reasons are just immeasurable why Wordpress is by far the better option.

everybody just love wordpress, and fully rely on it. when its just a temporary machine that is there for a while and when it shuts down without anyones noticing it. then shits get real with all this Big wordpress bloggers. #Fact

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
everybody just love wordpress, and fully rely on it. when its just a temporary machine that is there for a while and when it shuts down without anyones noticing it. then shits get real with all this Big wordpress bloggers. #Fact
WordPress are been hosted individually, so it can't shut down unless we run outta bandwidth or host expired or you personally shut it down