What's new
Welcome

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

• Hey Guest! Please turn off your adblocker to help us keep the community running. Thank you

Barelona Star Neymar Named Highest -Earning Under-25 Athlete

Domain names for just 88 cents!

Cyberhope

CyberHope
Verified
Website
makemywad.com.ng

Forbes has named Barcelona forward Neymar, as the highest-earning under-25 athlete in the world.

Neymar who turns 26 next February earns $37 million a year.
In 2016, he signed a new five-year deal with Barca worth $15m-a-year, but the report indicates he earns much more away from the pitch.
The Brazilian takes first place ahead of golfer Jordan Spieth ($34.5m) and NBA duo Kyrie Irving ($29.9m) and Anthony Davis ($28.1m).
“The Brazilian wunderkind is the highest-paid of the 25 and under set.

“The superstar’s current contract ties him to Barcelona until 2021. He is the only [football] player to earn more off the pitch than on it, including from sponsors Nike, Gillette, Panasonic and Beats by Dre,” Forbes said after naming the 100 highest-paid athletes in the world.

However, Neymar is only 18th on the overall list, which is headed by Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo, who boasts annual earning of $93m taking into account his salary and the money he receives from endorsements.

Earlier this year, Neymar was the only football player to be named in Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people on the planet.

yemzy

Registered
Neymar is good,but i think the amount paid is just too outrageous.I understand everyone wants to have that tag of been most expensive and Neymar cuts the clout,but that fee is something else,

fuzyon

Registered
Neymar is good,but i think the amount paid is just too outrageous.I understand everyone wants to have that tag of been most expensive and Neymar cuts the clout,but that fee is something else,
Well I think PSG wanted to mess with Barcelona as well since they wanted to get Verrati from them. I don't think the fee is too outrageous though - Neymar is arguably the 3rd best player in the world and he's hugely marketable.